Thursday, April 14, 2016

The Adventure Begins: First Stop LA

It seems traditional now that whenever I’m in LA for travel I have to stop and see my bros out at CSUN (Cal State Northridge). For those that don’t know on my first journey abroad I experienced many challenges while getting to New Zealand; one being my flight was late into LAX and I was unable to catch a flight until the next day. Luckily my fraternity was founded at USC and I have family all over the LA area. Stranded at LAX I put out a notice on the fraternity Facebook page and within minutes one of my pledge bros, that I had never met before, was on his way to pick me up. I love family, thanks Chuy. Then, on my way back from New Zealand when I landed at LAX my flight was canceled for two days! I don’t even remember why. With this news I once again hit up my brothers and was soon hanging out with them all once again.

I figured that this time around I better take matters into my own hands and not leave it up to fate. I booked a flight to LA for one day and the flight to Bangkok the next. It seemed only right to keep the tradition going and felt a lot better with it being planned. I had a great time hanging out with them all and even watched my first soccer game fully though. It’s always nice getting to see friends that are far away and was definitely a great way to begin my journey. Thanks to Kevin and Elvis for hosting me and Chuy and Miguelito for getting me from and to the airport. Thank you Jamal for putting out the extra effort to come say what’s up and I’m excited about the fact that I have put travel on your mind. That’s what I aim to do. Finally, it was great to be on Mount BG with many newly met brothers by my side. I wish we had a dope spot to chill at CSU. Though I could not stay long it was a great first stop for my adventure. But it’s time to go!

Thank you Cali, it’s been fun, but now it’s time for the real adventure to begin. Off to Thailand I go!





No comments:

Post a Comment