Monday, April 18, 2016

Bangkok Cont.

Overall I ended up enjoying Bangkok a lot more than I expected to. The hostel I stayed at was in an authentic Thai neighborhood and there weren’t tourists everywhere. I met a ton of people in just a few days and may one day visit some of them in Europe! Unfortunately, I did not make it to any of the Temples in Bangkok yet I did make it to quite a few shopping centers and markets and an awesome park. Besides the new friends the park was probably the coolest thing about Bangkok. I went there twice; once with two girls from Denmark and then again the next day when I was waiting for my train to Chiang Mai. It’s a huge park in the middle of the city. People are out jogging, working out, playing sports, relaxing and everything that you’d expect in a park. They even do a huge Zumba class in the park every day! When I went the second day is when I got to explore the park a lot more and see the beautiful trees, sculptures, and buildings within. It was a 2.5 KM walk around the park and with my wanderings I probably did about 3.5 at least. That’s just over 2 miles for us Americans. There were giant lizards, turtles, and birds everywhere. I couldn’t get over the lizards; they were like baby Godzillas it was awesome. Overall I had a good time in Bangkok and the welcoming hostel and the other travelers within made me feel right at home. It gave me a little more confidence in traveling alone.












No comments:

Post a Comment