Thursday, April 14, 2016

Adventure Preparation

Excitement, Fear, Nervousness and Excitement. These are the emotions and feeling I’ve had over the past few weeks.  I have been planning this trip to Asia for months now and it had all finally come together. My plans were made, my tickets were purchased and all my gear was bought. The full excitement hit me as I received the final item for my journey from Amazon. I had received my passport wallet and was ready to go. I went to go grab my passport to put it in my new wallet. It was at this point in time that everything changed; the fear hit in. 

The week before I had ordered a passport holder which I also had purchased form Amazon. I did exactly what I did when I received the wallet and went to try it out and put my passport inside. Unfortunately, I was not a fan of the item and ended sending it back and getting the wallet in its place. This is when I had a dumb ass moment (I get those from time to time). When I went to grab my passport to put into the wallet I discovered that I never took it out of the holder I had returned to Amazon! Without my passport I was screwed and all my plans were ruined. I had no idea what to do except for call Amazon and hope for the best.

Amazon was pretty unhelpful even though they tried to help. Whose ever idea it was to not have a direct phone number to an entire returns facility is a dumb ass too. After putting in requests to search the package and many many phone calls over a week’s time I finally gave up hope on Amazon and decided it was finally time to go and get a new passport and pay even extra for it to be expedited. I was on my way to the passport office when a miracle happened.

About 25 minutes into my drive down to Denver I received a wonderful phone call from my mother. Someone in Vegas received my passport in the mail and with the emergency contact info inside gave her a call and offered to mail it back. Once he learned that my trip was only in a few days he sent it via priority mail. Hearing my mother’s voice saying those words made me the happiest guy in the world and the excitement began to return. It was crazy to get called while on the way to get a new passport. I love when miracles happen! This only proved that I really am supposed to take this journey and it is what I should be doing for my next step in life.  

Though the passport was shipped I was still nervous. It was supposed to arrive only a day before my departure! What if it got lost? What if its somehow delayed and delivered Tuesday? What then? At 2:53 PM the only 15 hours before my departure to California I received the passport in the mail. Once again the excitement fully returned! It was crazy to get called while on the way to get a new passport and I still can’t believe it. I love when miracles happen! This only continued to prove to me that I really am supposed to take this journey and it is what I should be doing for my next step in life. The last time I went abroad I was running away and returned a changed man. This time I’m running towards and can’t wait to see what life has in store for me.

Cheers




No comments:

Post a Comment