Sunday, May 22, 2016

Chiang Rai- Goodbye Thailand

Well Chiang Rai did not go as planned but that tends to happen while traveling. Originally I had planned on doing a lot of hiking in the area yet unfortunately was not able to get any in at all. I stayed with a young college student outside of the city for a few nights that I met through couchsurfers. She was a little further out of the city than expected and it took about 30-45 mins to get into the city. I explored the city the first day and went to this interesting museum which went into detail about the hill tribes of Thailand. That was pretty interesting though it was a small museum.  I only stayed with her for one more night after this due to her being so far. I ended up going to a really nice hostel in town which ended up being a great decision as it was the nicest hostel I had in Thailand and I met one of my current travel mates which I have been with for over a week now and will probably be traveling with for quite some time. I visited a lot of temples in Chiang Rai and had a personal tour guide from another girl that I met on couchsurfers. It was nice to have things explained to me which I had been seeing all month long. There were some amazing temples there my favorite one having a blue theme and it was like an ocean inside. The colors included red, blue, purple, and green. This is very different than all other temples. Another amazing one is called the White Temple. It’s huge! It is a very famous temple with lots of tourists around at all time. Besides that I did not do too much in Chiang Rai and relaxed a lot for my final days in Thailand. 

Finally getting on a plane
I left on the 14th when my visa ran out.   Unfortunately I can be an idiot at times and missed my flight on the 13th thinking it was the next day. Luckily its Asia and things are a lot cheaper out here. I actually paid less for buying the tickets the same day as the flight than I did when I originally booked online! That is unheard of back home, it would’ve cost me at least three times more! Also everything really does happen for a reason because if not then I wouldn’t have met my travel mate. It’s funny how things work out but it was costly unfortunately.  






No comments:

Post a Comment