Sunday, July 17, 2016

Mui Ne




Mui Ne was a nice town but with shitty rainy weather there was not too much to do. It is a great spot for water activities' mainly different type of surfing. Besides the beach they have sand dune though was very surprising for me. It was a fun time going to the dunes for sunrise (though there were too many clouds and we did not get a sunrise). We rented four wheeler and drove all over the dunes. it was such a great time. I did flip mine over though at one point from trying too hard to get up a steep hill. Luckily the machine and myself were alright. They were't the best of 4 wheelers so we had to push them to their limits. The next set of dunes we went to had sand sledding and we gave that a try but failed pretty epically. The locals had it down though. Guess it takes a lot of practice.  Also included in the sand dune tour was a walk down a nice calm river which had some very interesting rock formations with contrasting red and white color. After that we ended with a visit to a fishing village. IT was crazy to see how many fish, crabs, shrimp, and clams were caught and this is repeated every day! there were so many fishing boats, so many people, and so many smells!

Besides this there was not much else we did in Mui Ne except for hang out with new friends, play some cards, watch the European Championship ("football") and swim at the pool. I did get to eat the best burger I've had in Asia though. It was a giant burger named the All American. Some of the people I was with couldn't believe that I finished it and still wanted more! Unfortunately the Hungarian girl (Dora)  that took care of me when I got sick in Cat Ba Island got food poisoning from her burger so we did not go back for another meal. It did though give me the chance to repay her kindness and take care of her the way she did for me.















                                        

No comments:

Post a Comment